Thursday, March 27, 2014

Husband is Gone, Dog is Home, and I Can't Do First Grade Math

You know when your husband has to go to Japan for a week, and you have a diabetic 3 year old to care for all by yourself in addition to the 3 non-diabetic children?  And the same day your husband leaves you pick up your dog that's been at Diabetic Alert Dog boot camp for 2 months and bring her home, and you have to watch her every second to make sure she's picking up on blood sugar changes, and you have to take her EVERYWHERE you go because she's a service dog and she needs to perfect her service dog awesomeness (and let me tell you of her awesomeness - it is so awesome), and then 5 days later after no sleep and no showering which also results in no clothing changes you're all like, working out?  What's that?  And then you realize that there's a very real possibility that it's you that smells like dog crap and not the dog.  Oh OH!  And the best part is that as I was helping my daughter (who's in 1st grade mind you) with her homework tonight, for like 2 minutes I was convinced, CONVINCED that
7-2=4.  I even got mad at her for arguing with me, made her erase her answer, and then busted out the cheerios to show her my smartz.  I was like, if you have 7 cheerios, and you take away 2 cheerios there are....wait, 1 2 3 4......5 cheerios.  Forget working out.  Did I graduate from 1st grade???  Anyway, it's been a rough week.  For those of you who have been expecting collagen protein to arrive on your doorstep, I apologize.  My husband, being the fabulously reliable man that he is (when he feels like being anyway) left me a gigantic box of chews and protein powder for me to send out when he left on Monday.  It's sitting right here next to me actually.  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to the "sending it out" part.  I almost did.  But then I realized that it would require taking my 3 year old, my still acclimating Diabetic Alert Dog, 2 giant boxes filled with protein packages, my Mary Poppins bag that now houses a small hospital, and a bag of doggie treats, balloons and streamers (Because if she alerts and she's right, we have to have a mega-party ON THE SPOT.  You know, to reinforce the good life-saving behavior we need her to perform.) to the post office.  And seriously, I love you guys enough to do that.  But I'm supposing that simple math could be involved in the process.  And at this point, that could be the linchpin.  So, don't hate me, but I will get them out to you next week.  I promise promise promise.  So far I have 5 people who have requested protein.  If anyone else is interested, don't hesitate to ask.  Next week?  We will be back to our regularly scheduled programming.  And I will try my hardest to not post a gajillion pictures of my doggie (her name is Lottie but I call her Shnuugs).
Seriously, I know.

5 comments:

  1. Love Lottie! She is amazing! Also, I want to try this miracle protein, but you don't have to mail it to me. I can pick it up. Your life it crazy, and when it all settles down I want you to help me exercise. P.S. I'm quitting cross fit. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! Seriously don't worry about it. You are providing this to us for free to try, and no one can get mad at you for not wanting to leave the house with all you have going on :) PS, you dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kell - Come grab some protein! Also, I'd SO love to help you exercise. Quitting cross fit might be the best thing. You'll find other workouts that are just as fulfilling. Maybe more. I'm in the process of "quitting" a few things myself right now. Just sayin; )

    Melissa - Thanks for understanding. Life has been CRAZY lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try your protein. When you get a chance. I heard about your blog through one of your friends and have been following you for a couple months now. Love reading your blog. I have learned tons more while on this journey of losing baby weight and gaining muscle. Thanks, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking a while ago, I wonder when Annie will start charging to read her blog? Not just the free protein, but all the info. It takes a dang long time just to sit down and type all that you've typed. And you share it all, for free. You're a gem. I'm also happy to pick up protein if that makes life easier. I wouldn't mind stalking where you live. ps Loved Kat's lift class. If I had monies, I'd totally give it to her so she could make me so. freaking. sore.

    ReplyDelete