Thursday, March 20, 2014

No Excuses

I spent the day packing for yet another excursion this weekend.  Tomorrow we're heading to St. George for my little girl's dance competition.  I have such a love/hate relationship with these things.  LOVE the dance part.  HATE the get dolled up like a 7 year old hooker part.  It's quite the conundrum.    

Anyway, I know I've talked relentlessly about all the smartz I gained last week in Vegas, but I haven't told you about the person I learned the most from.  I had the chance to meet this guy in person.  I even shook his hand.  Actually, I guess it would make more sense to say that I shook his elbow.  His name is Kyle Maynard.  He is without a doubt the most amazing and inspirational person I've ever met.  He gave the concluding presentation at the conference and it was moving in a way that I don't know how to put into words.  I wish so badly that my kids could have been there to hear it.  His message is one that resonates with literally everyone, because we all have times when we focus on the reasons why we think we can't do something instead of why we can.  He talked a lot about failure and why it's such an important and powerful thing to go through.  I love that.  Because really, our failures are what teach us what we're really made of.  His presentation is called "No Excuses."  He even named his Crossfit gym, No Excuses Crossfit.  And after you watch this short video about his awesomeness, I think that phrase will mean something different to you.

Happy weekend amigos!


No comments:

Post a Comment