Tuesday, February 4, 2014

HIIT - the Home Version

On days when I don't have time to lift, or when I'm just burned out and and need a break from it, I almost always fall back on HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).  One of my favorite ways to incorporate this when I only have, say, 20 minutes to workout, is to do a HIIT routine at home.  It's quick and simple and doesn't require much equipment (sometimes none at all).  It's also PERFECT for those days when I just want to sweat my ass off. 
HIIT burns a crazy amount of calories and has a similar after burn effect to weight training.  And the best part is that it rarely take more than 15-20 minutes.  So, get out of the I need to exercise for an hour a day mindset and try adding some HIIT to your life.  Here's one of my faves.  No equipment necessary!!!


Okay, that's supposed to say HIIT at home.  Please forgive.  I'm too lazy to re-do that in Photoshop.

Here's a visual to guide you through each one of the exercises.  Now you have no excuse.
BURPEES

PLANK HOLD

JUMP SQUATS

TRICEP DIPS

MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS

1 comment: