Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hernia Shmernia

Setbacks.  Ugh.  They happen to all of us, and they can happen in any and every area of life.  Physical setbacks are some of my least favorite.  Whether it's an injury, illness, or just a hectic time of life, it sucks to have to slow down and take time to recover.  Which is exactly what I'll be doing for the next few weeks.  I'm going in for surgery tomorrow to repair 2 hernias and a messed up muscle in my chest.  I've needed to have it done for quite a while, but put it off because of family circumstances and my daughter's T1 Diabetes diagnosis.  As much as I've been dreading taking time away from my workouts, it will be a huge relief to get this behind me.  I'm NOT good at relaxing, so it's going to be interesting to see how long I can actually stand it.  My surgeon has already given me some stern lectures about staying off my feet.  Geez!  It's like he thinks I'm going to bust out some burpees or something the day after surgery (I still don't know how he read my mind).  Anyway, with any luck, I'll be able to stay off the heavy pain meds and actually write/finish some coherent posts.  If I can't workout, I may as  well write about working out.  Maybe I'll throw in some cool pictures of my stitches or something.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're still alive today and that all went well. When you come down off of your high, or while you're still on it, write away… just pour all that twisted wisdom out here for our enjoyment. ahem. benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all went well with your surgery. I like reading your blog and hope to see more posts.

    ReplyDelete