Friday, February 21, 2014

Belly Buttons Occasionally Come in Handy

Wow.  I did NOT expect such a measly surgery to take that much out of me.  Seriously, I've been unconscious for like, 2 full days.  Wednesday morning, my good surgeon patched up a hernia, fished a lipoma (a cyst-like thing) out of the space between my skin and my abdominal wall, and reconstructed a muscle in my chest.  Now that I read that, I guess it wasn't such a measly surgery after all.  BUT he did most of it through an incision he made inside my belly button (the muscle in my chest required it's own incision).  So the scars should be minimal, although they look a little freaky right now. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for your comments and emails wishing me well.  They worked!  I'm well...kind of.  I mean, by next week I'll for sure be way more well.  So thank you.  

Here's proof of my sad sad tale.  If you look closely, you can see a little purple X he drew to remind him where the lipoma was.  It was his version of the game X Marks the Spot.  
Have a stellar weekend.  And maybe if you have a spare moment, pray for my belly button to return to it's normal shape, which is NOT slanted to the right.  Gah!!!

2 comments: