Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Product Love - Muscle Egg

One of my childhood friends came over today.  She recently started a weight lifting program and let me tell you, it's working for her.  She is feeling and looking amazing (Kell, I'm not just saying that - you look fabulous).  We got to talking about protein and how crucial it is to get the right amount on a daily basis.  As a rule of thumb, I aim for about 1 gram per pound of body weight every day (at least).  I have been supplementing with protein powder, but I haven't wanted to use it more than once a day, which led to a problem.  Getting enough protein was HARD considering I'm not a huge meat eater and didn't want to overdo it on the powdered stuff (let's face it, that stuff is pretty darn processed.).  Until I discovered this supplemental gem.



Holy Muscle Egg batman!  This stuff is amazing!  Don't be freaked out by the fact that it's a giant jug of egg whites.  Seriously, don't.  They're pasteurized and flavored and taste. like. heaven.  I like to just mix mine with a little almond milk and drink it like a shake after my workout.  I've also made pancakes, waffles, protein bars, and about a million other things with it. My kids like to pour it in a pan and scramble it up for breakfast (chocolate scrambled eggs - mmmmmm).  I know, it sounds sick and wrong, but I assure you it is not.  It is the best meatless, dairy-free supplement I've ever come across.  I order it online (it's a Utah based company so it always arrives super fast), but just today I found out that they actually do sell it in a few stores.  You can find a list of retailers at Muscleegg.com.  Their website also has a bunch of recipes.  Everything I've tried from there has been out of this world delicious.  My favorite flavors are Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate.    At 25 grams of protein per cup (0 carbs, 0 sugars), I'm saying it's a keeper.  Don't be scared.  Just try it.  I PROMISE you'll be pleasantly surprised.


Chocolate Muscle Egg Pancakes.  No syrup necessary.  Heck, you don't even need a fork!  I like to slap a little nut butter on there and top with some sliced bananas.  Or OR I spread some cottage cheese on top and sprinkle with some blueberries & chia seeds, in which case I roll it up like a burrito and scarf.  So many possibilities.

5 comments:

  1. No fair, next time you and McKelle get together I want an invite. I need you two to whip me into shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next girls night, I say we meet at the Sports Mall for a workout. Seriously!!!! How fun would that be???

    ReplyDelete
  3. well now. I'll need to be giving this stuff a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like this could be the solution to my protein problem! I do keep going back looking at the ingredients. Crazy, the stuff people come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try it!!! You'll love it. I promise.

    ReplyDelete